Icicle River Fish Report for 5-12-2023
Icicle River to open for hatchery spring Chinook
by WA Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Action: Opens the Icicle River to retention of hatchery spring Chinook.
Effective date: One hour before official sunrise on Tuesday, May 16, to one hour after official sunset on Friday, June 30, 2023.
Species affected: Chinook salmon.
Locations: Icicle River (Chelan Co.)
- From the closure signs located 800 feet upstream of the mouth of the river to 500 feet downstream from the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam, and;
- From the shoreline markers where Cyo Road intersects the Icicle River at the Sleeping Lady Resort to the Icicle Peshastin Irrigation Footbridge (approximately 750 feet upstream from the Snow Lakes trailhead parking area).
- Daily limit three hatchery Chinook (adult or jack). Minimum size 12".
- Mandatory retention of hatchery Chinook. Release all salmon other than hatchery Chinook.
- Night closure is in effect and motorized vessels are not allowed on the Icicle River (Chelan County ordinance 7.20.190 motorboat restrictions).
- Two-pole not allowed in this fishery.
Reason for action: A large return of spring Chinook is forecasted to return to the Icicle River this spring. Fish that exceed broodstock needs at Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery will be available for sport angler harvest.
Additional information: This fishery will be monitored closely and could potentially close at any time if the non-treaty harvest share is met or if additional broodstock are needed. Anglers are advised to check the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife website at https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/emergency-rules for updates.
Information contact: Travis Maitland, District 7 Fish Biologist, 509-665-3337 or Chad Jackson, Region 2 Fish Program manager, 509-754-4624.
The final coastal razor clam digs of the season are Friday through Sunday
The final coastal razor clam digs of the season are Friday through Sunday (May 12-14) and with the anticipated gorgeous...... Read More
Yakima River to open for hatchery spring Chinook salmonYakima River
Action: Open two areas of the Yakima River to fishing for hatchery spring Chinook salmon. Locations: Area A: Highway 240 Bridge in Richland...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net